Desk File Organizer
Organizing your office can be easy, as long as you have some rules in mind and take your time while doing it.
There are many types of accessories that can help you organize your desk efficiently. Labels, filing cabinet, folders, file tags- are only some to name when de-cluttering your office.
Stuffing your desk with papers and work files isn’t just going to look bad, but it’s also going to reduce your productivity. 87% of the people working in a cluttered and messy workspace feel less efficient. Almost 70% of employees lose 30 minutes of their time trying to find misplaced items.
Why care about the desk space?
Organizing the desk isn’t just going to make you look good in front of your boss/client. When the clutter is minimal, you’re going to be able to concentrate on your work a lot better. A functional desk file organizer is going to make you feel calm so that you can focus on your projects throughout the day.
Too many folders, files, or post-it notes cause stress and frustration, so it makes sense that organizing all of that is going to help you work and concentrate a lot better. Even if you like to do things your way, writing random reminders, try to do it in a way that doesn’t look messy nor leave your desk all cluttered and unpleasant to look at.
What are the benefits of desk file organizers?
If you’re still not sold on the desk file organizers, you should keep on reading. Bear in mind that organizing your desk is going to require some effort and time, so make sure you plan.
Here are some of the essential benefits of desk file organizers:
- You’re going to find whatever you need a lot faster. No more wasting your time trying to find a specific file or document throughout the pile of files and documents.
- Everyone is going to have a better impression about you and your work once they take a look at your well-organized work area
- You’re going to see your desk in a better light as it’s going to look neat and welcoming. Focusing on your work is going to be more comfortable as well
- Your productivity is going to grow
What tips should you follow when organizing your office?
Even if using a desk file organizer is going to make a difference, you may want to follow some tips to get the best results:
- It’s good to separate various types of work you want to do so that you access it faster. You can, for instance, use a specific drawer for a particular work task.
- Alphabetizing your files is highly effective, but it has to be a system that everybody in the office is using.
- Use capital letters so that you see better the content of your files.
- Buy a fireproof filing cabinet that features a lock so that you can improve the protection of your files.
- Always put the files back into their place at the end of the day. Even if organizing the desk takes time, it also saves you a lot of time later on.
One last suggestion
Not only that a good desk file organizer is going to make your office look more beautiful, but it’s also going to be fundamental for increasing your efficiency at work. Look for the solutions that work best for you and…start organizing already!
1. Desk File Organizer Metal Mesh with 3 Vertical Upright Compartments
If you don’t have many files to organize, but you want your desk to be clutter-free nevertheless, you should give it a go with the Desk File Organizer, Anumit Desk Mail Organizer Small Letter Sorter Desktop Paper Organizer Metal Mesh with 3 Vertical Upright Compartments.
The desk file organizer is quite a pleasant surprise as it’s practical and sturdy, despite its size. It’s an excellent option for organizing your desk files and bills, making your desk look more beautiful and neat.
The desk file organizer is useful for categorizing your papers, business cards, letters, envelopes, bills, documents, and various supplies.
The small paper organizer is made with see-through mesh and displays every folder center tab, easing out your efforts when finding a folder. Thanks to the open design, finding the file you need at the moment isn’t going to be that difficult.
The desk file organizer has a good and sturdy build, and its elegant design looks lovely on any desk. It has a right balance, so the risk for flipping off is minor. It also features rubber feet, which makes it stay in place. The anti-slip pad on the bottom is also protecting the surface of your desk.
On top of everything else, the desktop organizer is made with environment-friendly spray technology, so it’s not going to harm the people or environment in any way. The material used is black powder-coated steel which is also rust-resistant.
Listing the favorite parts about the desk file organizer:
- It’s useful for organizing various files, letters, and office supplies
- It’s made with black powder-coated steel, and it’s rust resistant
- It’s well made, sturdy, and stays in place
- It has a classy feel, and it’s efficient despite its size
The downsides are nothing to worry about:
- It’s a bit small, but it depends on your needs
- It only provides three compartments for organizing your files
Keep in mind that the desk file organizer is going to be an excellent solution for a desk, despite its size and quite a bang for your buck as well.
2. Rolodex Mesh Collection Stacking Sorter
If you’re looking for a useful desk file organizer for a small space, the Rolodex Mesh Collection Stacking Sorter is one valid option to consider.
Compact and practical, the tray sorter features five individual compartments that help you organize your files a lot better, eliminating the risk for clutter. It’s part of the mesh collection desk accessories, looking slightly industrial and straightforward in the right way.
The desk organizer has a solid build, and it’s practical and straightforward. It comes with black mesh reinforced with a sturdy metal edge. The fine-gauge metal mesh panels present interesting silver details and curved lines that give it a contemporary look.
The vertical vanes can hold books, notepads, folders, binders, phones, and tablets.
The desk file organizer doesn’t scratch easily, has a solid construction and durability feel to it.
Here’s what we like a lot about it:
- It has five individual compartments
- It has a solid build and a contemporary look
- The black mesh combines efficiently with the silver accents
- It’s an excellent solution for the small spaces
The cons aren’t major:
- It doesn’t come with anti-skid feet
- It’s a bit wobbly when empty
Efficient, contemporary looking, compact, and durable, the desk file organizer is a keeper, especially when organizing smaller desk areas.
3. SimpleHouseware 6 Trays Desktop Document
Designed to hold Letter/A4 size paper, the SimpleHouseware 6 Trays Desktop Document Letter Tray Organizer is one popular choice for de-cluttering your desk. You may organize folders, desk accessories, and stationary with the tray organizer.
The desk organizer includes five tilted trays which provide effortless access to your documents. You may use the flat bottom tray for your stationery and desk accessories. There are six mesh letter trays with black steel mesh build which make the organizing of your desk files a breeze. The bottom shelf is spacious, and the desk organizer has a rather small footprint.
Each shelf is going to slides individually, for better use. The desk organizer is rather easy to put together and doesn’t have a bulky appearance. The trays are the same size and are roomy. They come at an angle which helps you get your files faster.
Lightweight and practical, the desk organizer is dependable and straightforward for organizing your desk files. It features small feet so that it stays in place.
Here’s how the list of pros looks like:
- It features a roomy tray and sliding shelves
- The racks come to an angle
- It’s lightweight, simple, and effective
- It has a small footprint and doesn’t come bulky
The downsides aren’t something to worry about:
- If you’re placing it at the edge of the desk, it may fall on the cause of the feet
- Some think it’s not entirely flat
Easy to put together, effective, and with a small footprint, the desk file organizer is a good investment for your desk any time.
4. SimpleHouseware Mesh Desk Organizer with Sliding Drawer
Even if its popularity speaks volumes, we still need to go over a detailed description of the SimpleHouseware Mesh Desk Organizer with Sliding Drawer.
The desk file organizer has a space-saving mesh style and an industrial feel altogether. It comes partially assembled, and you don’t need to use any tools for putting it together. Anyhow, collecting it is a breeze for most.
The mesh desk organizer features two side load trays and a tray that features three single compartment drawer. There are five compartments in the upright section. The shelves are roomy, and you can store and organizes so many files and letters with this organizer.
The base is sturdy and features rubber bottom so that the desk organizer stays in place. The sliding drawer is quite roomy, and the desk organizer provides space for so many of your files. It has a compact design and tidy feel to it.
The desk file organizer is black and looks elegant on any desk.
Going over our favs once again:
- It comes with double tray and five upright compartments
- Assembling it is easy as it comes partially put together
- It can organize and store a lot of your desk files
- It has rubber bottom to eliminate slippage
The minor issues aren’t going to undermine its overall value:
- The plastic inserts have a flimsy feel
- The drawer doesn’t slide smooth
Regardless of the small problems, the desk file organizer is a great option that stores so many of your files, stays in place, and looks lovely on your desk as well.
5. Onyx Mesh 1 File Drawer and 2 Small Drawers Rolling File Cart 5213BL
When your desk needs go beyond a simple desk file organizer, and you need a lot more for de-cluttering your office, take a leap of faith with the Safco Products Onyx Mesh 1 File Drawer and 2 Small Drawers Rolling File Cart 5213BL.
The cart has a multi-functional design and features three mesh drawers that help you organize your workspace a lot more effectively. The cart has a generous drawer for the hanging file folders and two smaller drawers that you can use for the supplies, reams of paper, and binders.
The sturdy steel build gives durability feel to the cart. It’s made with sturdy and thick, commercial-grade steel so you can use it for a long time, even when it’s fully loaded.
The powder coat finish is going to make it look lovely in any officer décor, whereas its low-profile helps you place it even under your desk. The cart isn’t going to chip or scratch that easily, and the mesh design gives it a contemporary feel. It’s a versatile organizing cart that works for classrooms, offices, cubicles, mailroom, libraries, and dorm rooms.
The portability of the cart is another benefit. The rolling file cart features four swivel wheels so that you may quickly move your files and supplies around the office, to any meeting areas or conference rooms. The cart is going to stay in place as it also comes with two-wheel locks.
The hanging file drawer is spacious and slides rather smooth, whereas the two smaller sliding drawers have a small footprint, but impressive storage ability.
The rolling file cart is functional, dependable, effective, and doesn’t stand out. It’s well made and has a sturdy feel to it.
Let’s check the advantages once more:
- It has a low profile, and it’s effective
- It comes with sliding drawers and swivel wheels
- It stays in place thanks to the wheel locks
- It’s made with sturdy metal and has an industrial appearance
Bells and whistles aside, here are the inherent flaws:
- Some think that it works better for lightweight items
- There are no stoppers on the back of the drawers
The good outweighs the bad, and if you’re looking for a more effective and portable solution for your desk files, the rolling file cart may be one solution to try.